Saturday 3 February 2018

Song 191 - Popular from Wicked


Happy Sparkle Saturday People. Wicked is, possibly, one of my favourite musicals ever, I feel as though I am celebrating my 10th year anniversary of knowing this music. I remember very clearly one of my best friends talking about seeing Wicked in New York. After which, I downloaded the music and listened to it, whilst doing my CIM marketing exams. I think I also remember this as I was also falling in love with my husband, as we had just started dating, and it was the first musical we saw together, first in London and then in New York. 

Popular, even if you haven't seen the musical, is a song where everyone can understand the sentimental between Glinda and Elphaba. Glinda is the most popular girl in school and in trying to make Elphaba fit in, she kind of misses the point, and is the growth between these two friends throughout the musical that entrances you throughout the musical. Steven Schwartz's musical ability is delightful throughout the musical.

Wicked made its premium in New York in May 2003, and since then has dazzled audiences across the world. Bravely must be credited to the production team to take one of the most iconic musicals of all time The Wizard of Oz and do a prequel musical some 70 years later. I've written about Wicked before in this blog so if you want to read more about my views on it, reference song number 10. For now, I'll leave you with Popular.


No comments:

Post a Comment